Mortimer Law Firm Petoskey, MI
Petoskey Lawyer Rory Mortimer has over 30 years experience and is the Managing Member of one of the most well known and respected law firms in Northern Michigan.
Experienced, Dependable and Dedicated Team
Mortimer Law Firm has a very experienced team to provide the most trusted legal services.
Mortimer Law Firm Specializes In:
Social Security Disability
Social Security Disability Lawyer Petoskey, MI
Get the benefits you deserve
No fee unless you win
Increase your chances to win
What is considered a disability?
To be considered to receive Social Security benefits in Michigan you need to have a medical condition that will last for 12 months or longer and prevent you from working in any capacity. Social Security Disability is considered long term disability and does not provide benefits for short term disability.
Additionally, Social Security does not award partial disability like the Veteran’s Administration; under Social Security you are either 100% disabled or you are not.
In addition to the medical requirements for Social Security Disability you need to have worked in jobs that pay the taxes for a minimum of 5 of the last 10 years prior to the onset of your disability to be insured under Social Security. Even if you are not currently insured for Social Security Disability you may still qualify if you meet the insured status requirements prior to when you became disabled.
Bankruptcy Lawyer Petoskey, MI
Individual Chapter 7 and 13
Bankruptcy may make it possible for you to:
- Eliminate the legal obligation to pay most or all of your debts. This is called a “discharge” of debts. It is designed to give you a fresh financial start
- Stop foreclosure on your house or mobile home and allow you an opportunity to catch up on missed payments. (Bankruptcy does not, however, automatically eliminate mortgages and other liens on your property without payment.)
- Prevent repossession of a car or other property, or force the creditor to return property even after it has been repossessed.
- Stop wage garnishment, debt collection harassment, and similar creditor actions to collect a debt.
- Restore or prevent termination of utility service.
- Allow you to challenge the claims of creditors who have committed fraud or who are otherwise trying to collect more than you really owe.
Criminal Law Petoskey Attorney
Driver’s License Restoration
White Collar Crime
Charged with a criminal offense?
If you were accused of a criminal activity in Petoskey, MI the criminal justice system can be both frightening and complex. Mortimer Law Firm has an experienced team of attorneys, paralegals, and professional staff who are dedicated to work on protecting your freedom. Call us today for an experienced Lawyer in Petoskey, MI.
Estate Planning Lawyer Petoskey, MI
Avoid Probate and red tape
Trust and succession planning
Our Petoskey lawyers and staff have a team strategy when serving people, families and companies in Estate Planning, Trusts, VA Benefits and Elder Law. We provide these services in a comfortable and professional environment that stresses stability and responsibility and respect for our customers, their households and their circumstances.
Our Elder Law practice provides legal and useful solutions to the issues of elders and their families. As supporters for elders, we are dedicated to safeguarding their rights and financial resources legally and helping elders and their families. We help create strategies to offer the needs of seniors while living and for their households after death. Our objective is to assist clients secure their possessions, protect their dignity and offer peace of mind.